Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Adios San Luis Obispo!

Hey everyone! Wanted to start off my blog posts before I leave so I can make a good habit to do this weekly. I'm currently in my living room right now deciding if I should go to bed or not, while getting carried away doing everything but sleeping cause my mind is going so many different directions. My mom and I are leaving for LAX tomorrow morning at 3:45am! So early!

Today was an emotional day, and yesterday too. Saying bye to people isn't easy. Just a couple hours ago I had to say goodbye to some dear friends (all three of them are in the pictures below), and I feel silly that my eyes are still watering whenever I think about them. It's only 6 months and I keep trying to say that to myself. But knowing that you aren't going to see them for that whole time is hard. I'm looking on the bright side though, there's so many ways to keep in contact, and skype is seriously the best form of technology.

Right now I'm feeling excited, anxious, happy, and I'm so surprised "nervous" isn't in that category. I'm not nervous at all, I've never felt so led by God to do something before. So I know without a doubt that I'm doing this for Him and it's going to be an awesome experience. I've been able to chat with some people that will be on my team via Facebook, and I can't wait to meet them tomorrow.

For those of you who don't know, I'm flying into Kona, HI tomorrow. I will be at the YWAM base in Kona for 3 months doing photography missions training and then we go on an outreach for 3 months afterwards to a country that I don't know yet! So crazy that when I come back to San Luis I will have been in a country for 3 months that I don't even know where it is yet. This is going to be such an adventure.

Anyways, I'm not a very long writer. So I'm going to keep it at this. But I miss everyone already so much and I can't wait to see everyone when I come back. Please call me anytime, and encouraging messages/texts are always greatly welcomed. :) Bye SLO!


Love these ladies :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Josie, enjoy, have fun and be all that you can be.
    Auntie Kathy

    ReplyDelete