Monday, May 9, 2011

"Small But Mighty"

Hello there! Okay so I have a lot of catching up to do. Haven't blogged in a couple weeks, sorry about that!

So the week before last we had corporate week. Which means that all the DTS's (Discipleship Training Schools) have class together. We had the privilege of hearing from Darlene and Loren Cunningham. They spoke to us for the majority of the week and shared us their heart behind what they do. Also, they shared with us some amazing stories of how God has provided for them in the past and is still doing so today. They were such an encouragement to everyone there, and that we got to listen to the founders of YWAM for a week was pretty stinkin awesome as well. We also had the priveledge of hearing from David Hamilton who is a partner with Darlene and Loren. He has traveled to 200 countries in his lifetime and is still traveling. He has an amazing missionary heart and was also very encouraging.

As I told you all in my last blog post, I took a break from life back home for a week. I didn't go on facebook or text/call/skype with anyone for a full week. That was the best thing that God could have spoke for me to do. I really felt like I needed to do that. Just to rejuvenate myself for the weeks to come. And it really helped. I didn't even want to text when I had the opportunity to and I really felt like I was all in Kona during that week. Friendships blossomed and my relationship with the Lord grew stronger. I could really feel God speaking to me that week about future plans after YWAM and how I want to pursue missions. I can't really see myself having an ordinary job where I work from 9-5 everyday. I want to live my life on the edge and live for Jesus in other countries. I'm so excited that this is just the start to my journey. I had a lot of confirmation that I'm supposed to be a "doer" and that God is going to use me in some sweet ways that I'm stoked about.

I got some of this confirmation from our speaker from last week. Penni Patu is a Somoan who has the gift of Prophecy. He was given all of our names from our team a month before we arrived so he could propheci over us and pray for each of us individually. Without even knowing us! That is 51 random people that he prayed for. Penni has such a fathers heart, he is a very patient and kind man who is living his whole life for the Lord. It was very encouraging to see how he has lived his life. What he did during the week that he was here was call each one of us up individually to the front of the class and we would read a verse that God told him that represented us individually. Then we would read a page summary of what God had spoken to him many weeks before. He had these papers printed out and we read them in front of the whole class. There were a lot of tears among many classmates and breakthrough was finally setting in for a lot of people. He called me up on the last day that he was there and basically told me that I'm going to be proactive and I'm going to be doing a lot of things for God. That I am going to have a "leadership" type position. Which was very encouraging. He gave me the nickname "small but mighty." After I sat down I had affirmation that I'm supposed to be a leader and I'm going to be spreading the gospel to the world. I'm pumped!!!! Can't wait to see what God has in store for me.

That is basically a summary of the last two weeks. That explanation doesn't do the journey justice but at least you guys can be caught up on my life a little! We've also had a lot of fun as a team here in Kona. Been going to the beach a lot, hanging out and having movie/game nights, and just being silly. I love my family here so much. We've also been meeting up every Friday with our Cambodia team and discussing more things about it. I CAN'T WAIT! Last Friday a couple came to talk to us about Cambodia, and they had already been there before. We got to ask them many questions and they shared pictures of the YWAM base that we will be staying at and the surrounding areas. It looks awesome. Also, within the last couple weeks I found out that I'm probably going to be seeing some dear friends of mine from San Luis Obispo while I'm in Cambodia. Beki Morrison, Molly Neubert, and Alison Scott. God is so great!

Hope everyone is having a blessed week. Miss you all!

Hanging out around the campus with some of my teammates. :)
Kua Bay--I love Hawaii
A cool urchin at Children's Beach
Photo Cred: Charm and Grace Photography (check it out) Fake engagements

1 comment:

  1. Josie, I am pumped for YOU! So proud of you for taking the first of many faith steps to embark on this experience. Love hearing how much growth and fun you are having. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete